SOFT OPENING 2019
On the 22nd of November 2o19, Berlin`s first indoor surf arena “Wellenwerk” opened its doors close to the city center. In 2020 a restaurant, mixology bar, surf shop, beer garden as well as motorcycle workshop, it will added to make it the newest hotspot of town.
In order to receive more information about Wellenwerk, our offerings, and upcoming events, please sign up for our newsletter on our homepage.
HOW CAN I BOOK A SESSION?
Surf sessions, courses or vouchers can be purchased through our bookingsystem.
To ensure a successful booking process, all details of the guests (name, age) must be entered during the first step of the booking.
These details may be changed after the booking process, but may not be empty. This is used to allocate vouchers when redeemed.
The number of guests can be changed above the product description.
The buyer can enter his details during the next step. Upon completion of the booking, the buyer (not the guest) will receive the booking confirmation.
Once the booking process is completed, you can select a surf slot within the customer portal under “Date Selection”. This surf slot can be changed up to 48 hours before the start of the session.
If you are not forwarded directly to the customer portal after the payment process, you can also access the account via the link within the booking confirmation e-mail. If paying by bank transfer, this booking confirmation can take up to 3-5 days.
WHEN ARE WHICH SESSIONS OFFERED?
You can buy a surf ticket, for scheduled surf sessions and courses. There you are able to see the calendar and its free slots during the upcoming 14 days.
You can also find our weekly timetable here.
HOW CAN I REDEEM MY VOUCHER?
If you bought a Surfvoucher, you can access your own customer portal via the link in the booking confirmation after completing the payment process.
(If you paid by bank transfer, this activation can take 3-5 days.)
Within the customer portal, you can now choose a slot for surfing via “date selection”. After selecting the surf level you have free access to the calendar and can see all upcoming sessions for the next 14 days.
The selected date, as well as the surf level, can only be changed up to 48 hours before the session.
CAN I CHANGE MY SESSION?
The session slot and the selected surf level can be changed in the customer portal under “date selection” up to 48 hours in advance.
Short term cancellation are not possible. In case of a cancellation, please let us know in advance, as we will try our best to occupy your spot. If we manage to occupy your spot spontaneously, your reservation will be taken out and you can book another date and time.
Our 8.5 meters wide citywave® creates an artificial deepwater wave, up to 1.60m high, only with water pressure and without special structures inside the pool. The wave is caused by running water meeting stagnant water. It has the perfect depth of water to surf with normal surfboards and fins, just like in the ocean. The water depth is also safe for non-swimmers. The pools have a water temperature of 26 ° Celsius and can be surfed with boardshorts, a lycra shirt or a wetsuit if needed.
WAVE HEIGHT FOR BEGINNERS, ADVANCED AND PROFESSIONALS
The wave height and flow rate can be adjusted individually and are therefore suitable for all skill levels. Depending on how much experience you have, the degree of difficulty of the wave can be adjusted.
The wave can be adjusted by controlling the water volume and the steepness of the wave:
- For beginners from 10 years onwards or 40 kg minimum weight, a holding bar can be attached.
- For advanced surfers medium water levels and steepness, to enable quick success.
- For surf professionals, the wave can be turned up to a height of 1.60m to provide the perfect conditions for turns, tricks, and take-offs.
By default, a surf session at Wellenwerk takes 60 minutes. Spectators are always welcome and the admission is free.
We offer surf sessions for beginners, advanced and professional surfers. In the individual sessions, participants will surf in small groups, one after the other.
Beginners surf session
- Previous experience: no prior experience needed
- Participation: up to 14 people in a group, including surf instructor + material
Advanced surf session
- Previous experience: first experience obtained or surf course completed. Needs to be able to enter the wave autonomously.
- Participation: up to 12 people in a group, including surf instructor and equipment
Professional surf session
- Previous experience: experienced surfers on a standing wave
- Participation: up to 12 people in a group
- No surf instructor and no equipment is included, own material is required. Equipment can be rented at an aditional cost.
We offer surf courses for beginners and advanced surfers. A surf course usually lasts 3.5 hours in total. Surfing equipment (surfboard, wetsuit, helmet if needed) is provided.
Beginner surf course
- Previous experience: no or little experience
- Included: Indoor surf lessons (up to 15 people) including surf instructor, surfboard, wetsuit, helmet if needed.
Advanced surf lessons
- Previous experience: prior surfing experience on an artificial wave
- Included: Indoor surf lessons (up to 12 people) including surf instructor, surfboard, wetsuit, helmet if needed.
Equipment is provided within beginner & advanced surf lessons and surf sessions. This includes surfboards, wetsuits, and helmets if needed. During pro sessions, the equipment can be rented at an additional charge.
NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
In order to surf our citywave®, no previous knowledge is required. Under the guidance of our surf instructors, the beginners are divided into “regular” (right foot at the back) or “goofy” (left foot at the back) surfers within the first dry exercises. The entrance to the wave takes place from both sides of the pool. Using the unique helping-bar during beginner courses, kids and adults will quickly get a feel for the surfboard and the wave. In addition, it is possible to practice some first turns.
FIND YOUR SURF LEVEL
- Previous experience: none
- Equipment is provided
- Entry assistance and supervision by a surf instructor
- First attempts with a handrail
- Previous experience: First surfing experience on a standing wave. The entry works safely and independently.
- Equipment is provided.
- Supervision by a surf instructor
- Previous experience: surfing experience on a standing wave.
- Surfing with own material (material can be rented if needed)
You can redeem vouchers once we open our doors in summer 2019 and choose a date and time that works best for you. Gift-Vouchers are now redeemable on our website.
Once the opening date is confirmed, you will receive an email with a link to redeem the voucher. It will be linked to your name and your email address, but you can book the actual session for somebody else as well.
The voucher is valid for three (3) years after the date of purchase.
If you want to give away vouchers as a gift, you can download the PDF HERE and print it out yourself. The vouchers are only valid in combination with your booking confirmation.
Annual passes for the Wellenwerk are available on request. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All multiple entry vouchers are transferable and can also be redeemed within a group.
Opening hours of the citywave® are Monday-Thursday from 1.30 PM to 10.30 PM. Friday from 1.30 PM – 11.30 PM. Saturday-Sunday 9.30 AM – 11.30 PM.
Exclusive bookings and team events can be booked on request via an email to email@example.com.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Minimum age 10 years / 40 kg
- Under 18 years only with the written consent of a legal guardian
- Good physical and mental condition
- Not suitable for pregnant women and people with cardiovascular disease
- No acute injuries or problems with shoulders, joints, back or intervertebral discs
If your questions could not be answered here, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only in urgent cases, you can call us during weekdays between 1 – 6 pm at +49 (0)30 204 56 226.